Brown Sugar Bacon TwistsFrom julesong 9 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; soak 12 bamboo skewers in warm water (so they won't burn in oven).
- Line the bottom of broiler a pan with foil for ease of cleaning, then top with broiler-pan rack.
- Mix together brown sugar (or heat-stable sugar substitute, for diabetics and lowcarbers), mustard powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour onto waxed paper and lightly shake paper to spread mixture evenly.
- One strip at a time, press the bacon into the sugar mixture to coat.
- Twist each piece of coated bacon into a bamboo skewer and place on broiler-pan rack.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees F, until almost crisp and sugar coating is bubbly.
- Let strips cool 5 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 13
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- Georgiaanne Nowhere, Us
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- kukla Barrie, Ontario, CA
- stellykazz Benton, AR
- sajhe Monticello, MN
- uncoolmom Atlanta, GA
- bvannetter1955 PALM DESERT, CA
- knoxcop Knoxville, TN
- Plus 3 othersFrom around the world!