Cheese EnchiladasFrom saavedra 9 years ago
- 1/4 to 1/2 C. chili powder shopping list
- 2 to 3 T. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 t. salt shopping list
- 2 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce + 1/2 C. of water shopping list
- 16 oz. or more of monterey jack cheese, grated shopping list
- or queso fresco ranchero, crumbled shopping list
- 1 med. onion chopped shopping list
- 20 corn tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the chili powder and 2-3 T. veg. oil in large skillet over low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt and tomato sauce and simmer for 10-15 min.
- Stir in water and mix cheese and onion in a bowl.
- Heat 1/2 C. vegetable oil in small skillet and dip tortilla quickly in a shallow dish filled with lukewarm water, then in heated oil and finally in the chili sauce.
- Spoon about 2 T. of the cheese mixture onto the tortilla and roll up.
- Place in a 9X13" baking dish. Repeat the process with the remaining tortillas.
- Spoon any remaining chili sauce over the enchiladas and spinkle with the remaining cheese mixture.
- Bake at ~400 for 15 minutes.
- You may prepare the enchiladas and chill, covered w/plastic wrap until ready to serve, letting the enchiladas come to room tempertature before baking.