Double Oatmeal Raisin CookiesFrom inmaculada 8 years ago
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or splenda shopping list
- 1/2 cup applesauce shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked) shopping list
- 1 cup oat bran shopping list
- 1 cup whole wheat or spelt flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup raisins (you can use dry fruit of your choice) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Soak raisins in 2 cups of hot water.
- In large bowl, beat brown sugar, shortening, granulated sugar and applesauce until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Add combined oats, bran, flour, salt and baking soda; mix well. Drain and fold raisins in the batter.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Store tightly covered.