Big Soft Ginger CookiesFrom dixiediner 6 years ago
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup margarine, softened shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 1/4 cup molasses shopping list
- 2 tablespoons white sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses. Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture. Shape dough into walnut sized balls, and roll them in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
The Cookdixiediner MS
The Rating10 people
YUM, YUM, YUM, I must make some of these, they look and sound wonderful, thanks for you post.henrie in Savannah loved it
My family will love these. Soft ginger Great!!cherihannah in Shickshinny loved it
This reminds me of my Mom's soft molasses cookies; the recipes are similar (if I recall correctly) but they don't look the same!
Great post! (and these ones look better!)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it