Applesauce MuffinsFrom michellem 8 years ago
- 6 tbsp margarine shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs or egg substitute equivalent shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 tbsp apple juice shopping list
- 2 cups flour( I used 1 1/2 cups of white flour and 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour) shopping list
- 1 cup oat bran shopping list
- 1 cup wheteena ( I did not have this ingred. on hand so I used 1 1/2 cups of the oat bran and 1/2 cup of oatmeal) shopping list
- 1 tbsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tsp all spice shopping list
- 1 tsp cloves shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 tsps soda shopping list
- 1 (24 ounce) jar unsweetened applesauce ( I used the homestyle version) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Cream margarine and sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and apple juice.
- Mix well
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add soda to applesauce.
- Add dry ingredients alternatley with applesauce
- Stir until blended
- Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Variation:Add dates, raisins, or nuts to the batter.
- This recipe makes a large quantity, but batter will keep in the refriferator for 3 weeks.