Creamy Leek And Potato SoupFrom mellian 8 years ago
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 3 cups sliced leeks, white and green shopping list
- Parts shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 6 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds boiling potatoes, peeled, quartered shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
- Freshly-ground white pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 4 tablespoons soft herbed cheese - (to 6) shopping list
- = (like Boursin) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over low heat. Add the leeks and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the chicken stock and potatoes. Cover and simmer gently until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. With a hand-held immersion blender, or in batches in a food processor, puree the soup until smooth. Season, to taste, with salt and ground white pepper. Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with parsley and 1 tablespoon of soft herbed cheese. Serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
- Source: "EMERIL LIVE with Emeril Lagasse - (Show # EM-1F81) - from the TV FOOD NETWORK" S(Formatted for MC8): "03-31-2005 by Joe Comiskey - Mad's Recipe Emporium"
- Mel's notes: I added more garlic, more potatoes, 3/4 cup heavy cream (after it had been blended) and four cans of chicken stock (which is more than 6 cups). I didn't use the parsley or the cheese. This was some of the best soup I have ever had. I could have eaten the whole pot!.
- July 30, 2006
The Cookmellian Deltona, FL
The Rating3 people
amazing flavor, my children love it and that makes it even better :)yummyyummyme19 in loved it
Yummy recipe! However, in order to accommodate my husband's food sensitivities, I added more potatoes and garlic, decreased the leeks, and used olive oil to sauté the leeks and garlic. I mashed the potatoes rather than pureéd them and added a pint ...moresoprano in Winnetka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!