Stir Fried Carrots With Cumin and LimeFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2-1/2 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds shopping list
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled and cut into a fine julienne shopping list
- 1/2 fresh hot green chile minced shopping list
- 3 whole dried red chilies shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds shopping list
- 8 fresh curry leaves torn into pieces shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds carrots peeled and grated on the large holes of a grater shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lime or lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Combine oil and mustard seeds in a large wok, kadai or frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook stirring until mustard seeds crackle.
- Add ginger, fresh and dried chilies, cumin and curry leaves and cook 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and cook stirring until warmed through.
- Stir in the salt and the lime or lemon juice.
- Taste for salt and serve hot or cold.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!