Oven Roasted Chicken with Spicy Cornmeal CrustFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 3 pounds meaty chicken pieces shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme crushed shopping list
- 2 eggs slightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 1/3 cup fine dried bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsely shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter melted shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken in a plastic bag set in a deep bowl.
- Stir together buttermilk, oil, shallots, lemon peel, lemon juice, chile powder, thyme and 1 tablespoon salt.
- Pour over chicken then close bag and chill 4 hours turning bag occasionally.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade.
- Stir together eggs and 2 tablespoons water then set aside.
- Combine Parmesan cheese, cornmeal, bread crumbs and snipped fresh parsley in a shallow dish.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture then into cornmeal mixture.
- Place prepared chicken in a well-greased shallow baking pan.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 375 for 1-1/2 hours.