Polish Cookies - Galicyjskie CookiesFrom lor 8 years ago
- 4 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1/2 cup cream shopping list
- 3-1/2 to 4 Tablespoons confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2-3/4 pounds potatoes - peeled, finely grated, and squeezed completely of any liquid shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons raisins, soaked in boiling water to plump (optional) shopping list
- 1 cup All Purpose flour shopping list
- 1 pinch salt shopping list
- 1 cup oil for deep frying shopping list
- Either plain confectioners' sugar for dusting or a mixture of cinnamon and confectioners' sugar. shopping list
How to make it
- Beat together the egg yolks, cream 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, and cinnamon until smooth.
- Stir into the grated potatoes along with the raisins, and mix until well combined; then stir in the flour.
- Beat the egg whites with salt until stiff.
- Gently fold into the potato mixture.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in a deep fryer or electric skillet.
- Fry the dough by dropping heaping tablespoon-sized dollops into the hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides, then drain on paper towel.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Makes 24 cookies.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating4 people
wow different delicous thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I am going to make these for my BF's dad who is Polish..too bad I can't pronounce them..and I thought Greek was bad!! LOLgreekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it