Creamed Zucchini SoupFrom inmaculada 6 years ago
- 3 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 3 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 green onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 leek, chopped shopping list
- 6 small zucchini, skins on, chopped shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 2 Tbsp chicken bouillon powder shopping list
- ¼ cup of shredded cheese, Cheddar or Gouda shopping list
- ¼ tsp each, rosemary and thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (I run out of parsley and used chives) shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium-sized cooking pot melt butter and olive oil over medium heat; add chopped onion and leek and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened. Add zucchini and mix well. Let soften 5 more minutes.
- Add water and bouillon and take it to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until zucchini is just tender.
- In a blender or food processor, puree soup in batches and return to pot. Stir in cheese and bring soup to boil
- Add herbs, black pepper, and stir well. Season to taste with salt.
- Garnish with chopped parsley when serving. Serve soup hot.
The Cookinmaculada Palma De Mallorca, ES
The Rating4 people
I knew there was a creamed zucchini soup on this and this is the recipe to die for. It is wonderful and the flavors are terrific. I had six small zucchini ready to turn the corner and go bad, so I made this for my lunches this week and I couldn't ...morenotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Me había vuelto loca tu crema de coliflor pero esta ya es para morirse. Ese toque de tomillo y romero ¡qué cosa tan rica!imorente in Madrid loved it
A beautiful soup.merlin in San Francisco loved it