Dear Abbys Famous Pecan PieFrom julesong 6 years ago
- unbaked 9-inch pie crust shopping list
- 1 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1/3 cup melted butter or vegetarian margarine shopping list
- 1/3 to 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup pecan halves shopping list
- whipped cream, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a pie pan with the unbakced pie crust.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn syrup, sugar, eggs, butter, salt, and vanilla and mix well.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pie pan with crust.
- Sprinkle with pecan halves.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until the center is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Note: check the pie after about 40 minutes, and if the crust or pie appears to be getting too brown, you can cover it with foil for the remaining baking time.
- Allow to cool, and enjoy!
- Jeanne Phillips, the original Abby's daughter, and the current "Dear Abby" adds this tip: The original recipe stated that the pie should be baked 45-50 minutes in a preheated 350 degree gas oven. If an electric oven is used, it may be necessary to add 15-20 minutes to the baking time and protect the crust and/or contents with foil after a while to keep them from getting overcooked.
The Cookjulesong Seattle, WA
The Rating3 people
I love Pecan Pie, Sure is a wonderful recipe. Thankspudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it