Roast Pork With ApplesFrom craftyazgirl 7 years ago
- 1 3-pound bone-in pound pork shoulder roast, trimmed shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed shopping list
- 2 tablespons dijon-style mustard shopping list
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce shopping list
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, scrubbed and halved shopping list
- 3 medium yellow onions, halved shopping list
- 2 medium tart apples, cored and sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.F
- Using a small knife, cut small slits in pork. Insert a garlic sice into each slit.
- Place pork in a large roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine apple juice, mustard, and soy auce.
- Brush half of sauce over roast.
- Roast pork for 1 hour, basting with remaining sauce.
- Add potatoes and onions to roasting pan. Roast for 40 minutes, basting frequently.
- Add apples to roasting pan. Roast until a meat thermometer inserted in the center of roast registers 170.F, about 10 minutes longer. Place roast on cutting board. Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve.