Elegant MarshmallowsFrom annieamie 8 years ago
- 1 bag of fresh large marshmallows shopping list
- 3 cups of your choice of chocolate for dipping shopping list
- *Toppings: shopping list
- Finely chopped pecans, walnuts, macadamia nuts or peanuts shopping list
- toasted and finely chopped almonds shopping list
- Dark or milk chocolate sprinkles shopping list
- graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- toasted coconut shopping list
- Colored sugar crystals shopping list
- Toffee bits, finly chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare your work area first by laying down either sheets of wax paper or aluminum foil to catch any drips. Have some paper-lined trays and some wire racks ready.
- You'll need two forks.
- Put your toppings into cereal or soup-sized bowls. You will need room to roll the chocolate-dipped marshmallows into your toppings.
- Put your chocolate into the microwave for one minute.
- Remove and stir until melted.
- If the chocolate hasn't melted, cook for 30 more seconds and stir.
- Drop one marshmallow directly into the chocolate and dip it quickly, rolling it around until completely covered.
- Let the excess chocolate drip off and place on wire rack.
- If at any time, your chocolate gets too firm to roll, place it back in the microwave for about 10 seconds and stir.
- If you want to dip the marshmallow into one of your toppings, as soon as it is covered in chocolate, with the two forks, drop the marshmallow directly into the topping and roll until covered in nuts, crumbs or sprinkles and place on tray to dry.
- That's all there is to it!
- - I enjoy using the Lindt chocolate candy bars that come out during the holidays as the chocolate is fantastic and very creamy. You have to make sure that you don't over heat it in the microwave or it can burn. Better chocolate makes for a better dipped marshmallow!
- I place several varieties of marshmallows in clear celophane bags and give them out to as gifts for the holidays. These can be shipped in candy boxes well during the cooler months.
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating4 people
These look so fun! I can't wait for my kids to have their birthdays. This is something all those kids would love to do. I plan on having them use sticks and roll them in their favorite toppings as well as the above mentioned toppings.
Thank you ...morediana_1096 in loved it