Norwegian Serinakaker or Serina CookiesFrom lor 8 years ago
- 1 cup cold butter (not margarine) shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar shopping list
- (or substitute 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Cut butter into small pieces in the mixer's bowl, stir in the flour and baking powder.
- Blend with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add one egg, reserving the other, to the mixture, then blend at medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add the sugar and vanilla sugar while continuing to blend at medium speed, about one more minute.
- Refrigerate the dough in a covered container for two or three hours.
- Beat the other egg.
- Roll the dough into small balls, about 3/4" round, and place on ungreased cookie sheet 2" apart.
- Flatten each ball slightly with either a fork or a cookie stamp.
- Brush the top of the cookies with egg and sprinkle some chopped almonds on top.
- Bake at 375ºF for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool the cookies.
- Makes approximately 26.
- Note: Vanilla sugar is available at many European Delicatessen's specializing in German, Swedish and other European foods.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating2 people
Sounds so good, love this type of cookie.shirleyoma in Cove loved it