Mexican TurnoversFrom sunny 8 years ago
- 1 (36-count) package frozen roll dough, defrosted shopping list
- according to package directions shopping list
- 10 caramel candies, each cut into 4 pieces shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 cups apples, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2/3 cup caramel ice cream topping = ) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice shopping list
- Melted butter shopping list
- cinnamon and sugar to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets. Preheat oven to 375
- Combine caramel pieces and flour. Add apples, caramel topping and lemon juice; mix well.
- Place dough for one roll on lightly floured surface; roll into 4-inch circle. Spoon about 2 tablespoons apple mixture onto lower half; brush edges with milk. Fold dough in half; crimp edges with fork. Repeat with remaining dough. Brush each turnover with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake turnovers for 15 minutes or until golden brown; serve warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.