Basboosa-semolina CakeFrom ahmed1 7 years ago
- For Basbousa batter: shopping list
- 1 cup guee or butter,melted. shopping list
- 1/2 cup super fine sugar. shopping list
- 2 cups semolina flour. shopping list
- 1/3 cup coconut. shopping list
- (3/4 to 1) cup full cream milk. shopping list
- 3 tbsp heavy cream. shopping list
- 1/4 cup syrup shopping list
- Syrup: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup superfine sugar. shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup water. shopping list
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice. shopping list
How to make it
- For syrup:
- Heat sugar and water over medium heat till sugar is dissolved,then boil for 5 minutes add the lemon juice and let it cool.
- For Basbousa:
- Preheat oven to375f,position rack in center of oven.Grease a 9 inchx1/2 inch in hight pan or heatproof glass dish with ghee or melted butter.
- In a large bowl,mix semolina flour,sugar and coconut together.Melt the ghee or melted butter and add it to the mix and rubb all togother with your fingertips till all semolina are moistened.
- Make a well in center and pour in the milk,1/4 cup syrup and cream.Using your hand,mix all ingridients together in folding and stirring motions.You may add more milk if necessary(the batter should be muddy).
- Pour mixture in dish or pan.Dump your hand with water and level the top using your hands.
- Bake for 30 minutes,till edges are brown in color and surface is golden.Immidiately take it out of oven and using a tablespoon pour the cold syrup over every part of the dish till it can not absorb anymore.Leave it on a rack for 30 minutes in order that all syrup is absorbed.Don't cut any piece while hot.It should be completly cold.
- keep it in room temperature,do not refrigerate.Any leftover may be stored in an airtight container in room temperature.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating10 people
This looks wonderful and deserves a 5!!!organicmama in loved it
I liked it! ^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
I did put a wee drop of lemon vodka in the syrup and sprinkled toasted coconut and a few slivered toasted almonds on the top.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!