Hummingbird MuffinsFrom freyae 9 years ago
- 125g Plain flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 125g caster sugar (I used Golden Caster) shopping list
- 115ml safflower oil (but I used Sunflower because that's all I had!) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 150g Mashed Banana (about one and a half bananas of large girth) shopping list
- Grated Zest of an orange (I used one of the Sevilles left in the fridge) shopping list
- 60g Grated carrot shopping list
- 90g Tinned pineapple Crushed (we used fresh because Paul was using it for smoothies) shopping list
- 60g Dessicated coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 175c.
- Line your muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Sieve together the flour, cinnamon and baking powder. Set to one side
- In another bowl, cream together the oil and the sugar until pale and fluffy. Because you are using oil instead of butter, this will take no time at all!
- Gradually beat in the eggs.
- Stir in the dry ingredients gradually until thoroughly amalgamated.
- Gently fold in the banana, orange zest, grated carrot, crushed pineapple and coconut.
- Spoon out into the muffin cases.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. You will smell when they are almost done as the kitchen will be filled with a wonderful spicy, fruity aroma.
- These taste best of all when warm but Paul said they were still good and moist the next day.