French Beef StewFrom pamela 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cubed shopping list
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of Italian-style diced tomatoes shopping list
- 4 carrots, diced shopping list
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp Dijon-style prepared mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 (14 oz) can beef broth shopping list
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large plastic food storage bag, mix together the meat and flour and toss until evenly coated.
- Remove the meat from the bag and brown in a 6 quart saucepan with hot vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper, if preferred.
- Mix in the diced tomatoes, carrots, potatoes and thyme then bring to boil. Lower the heat to medium-low, then cover and simmer for 1 hour (or until beef is tender.)
- Stir in the Dijon mustard and serve.