Heavenly Lemon Angel CakeFrom jemison 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour batter into un-greased rectangular baker; spread evenly over bottom.
- Bake on center rack in oven 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown, cracked and firm to the touch. (Cake will appear dry; do not underbake.)
- Turn baking pan upside down onto a cooling rack; cool completely. (Do not remove cake from baker.)
- Poke holes in cake about 1 1/2 inches deep and 1/2 inch apart using a fork.
- Zest lemon to measure 1 tablespoon zest.
- Juice lemons to measure 1/4 cup juice.
- In a bowl, combine lemon juice, zest and powdered sugar; whisk until smooth.
- Slowly pour glaze over cake, spreading evenly.
- Let stand 30 minutes or until glaze is set.
- Attach open star tip to a decorator; fill with whipped topping.
- To serve, cut cake.
- Top each serving with raspberries; garnish with whipped topping. Sprinkle with toasted coconut, if desired.