Creamy Blueberry Bread PuddingFrom grizzlybear 8 years ago
How to make it
- Spray large baking dish (10 x 15) with non-stick spray.
- Beat together eggs, milk, half & half and maple syrup.
- Tear bread into 1 inch size pieces. Place half in the bottom of the baking dish. Pinch off cream cheese into 1/2 inch size pieces and scatter on top of bread. Sprinkle blueberries on top of bread & cream cheese. Place the remaining bread on top. Gently pour the liquid mixture on top of bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove casserole from refrigerator and sprinkle with Grape Nuts cereal or a Streusel-type topping (but this is plenty sweet so don’t overdo it!). Place in cold oven. Turn oven to 350 degrees and set timer for 40 min. Cover with foil and continue baking for 10 min. more. Let rest for 5 min.
- Cut into squares and dust with a little powdered sugar.
- Serve with crisp bacon and fresh fruit!
- Hint: Reheats well!