Sweet and Sour Meatballs with Gingersnap GravyFrom coffeebean53 9 years ago
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 pounds ground beef shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- SAUCE: shopping list
- 3-1/2 cups tomato juice shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 10 gingersnaps, finely crushed shopping list
- 1/4 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon onion salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, onion, bread crumbs and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in batches in oil. transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- In a saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until cookie crumbs are dissolved. Pour over meatballs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.