Whole Spelt Oats Cinnamon Bar CookiesFrom inmaculada 7 years ago
- 6 cups whole spelt or wheat flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats, quick or regular shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 3 Tbsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups seeds oil (sunflower is OK) shopping list
- 1 cup cold water shopping list
How to make it
- In a big bowl mix dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl mix the rest of ingredients and whisk well.
- Add liquids to dry ingredients, combining till a thick, sticky dough is achieved.
- Grease two shallow baking pans and arrange half of the batter on each, pressing with your fingers until surface is fully covered.
- Using a knife lightly press on the dough to mark (do not cut) 24 same sized squares.
- Bake cookies in a preheated 375ºF oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown, switching pans when half cooked, taking into account that whole flour cookies burns easier than made with white flour,
- Take pans out of the oven and let them cool.
- Cut cookies following lines on dough and keep tightly covered.
- This is a very easy halved recipe.