Salsa Dipped Chicken EnchiladasFrom mrscoach 7 years ago
- 1 lb. burger or boneless chicken (I like a little over a pound if using chicken.) shopping list
- 1/2 onion diced shopping list
- 1 pkg taco seasoning shopping list
- 1 can refried beans shopping list
- shredded cheese - approx 3 cups (I don't measure this, I'm guessing) shopping list
- 8 - 10 flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 jar salsa shopping list
- 8 oz tomato sauce (we use less) shopping list
- 4 oz sour cream (we use more) shopping list
How to make it
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan. Preheat oven to 350.
- brown meat & onion. Drain if using burger.
- Add taco seasoning and refried beans. Mix well. Remove from heat.
- Pour enough salsa onto plate - larger than the tortillas - to cover the bottom. Will have to add more as you go. Take a tortilla and dip both sides in salsa. Spoon some of the meat mixture - be reasonably generous - onto tortilla, top with cheese, roll up and place in pan. Repeat until out of food, or out of room in the pan (grab another!)
- Mix the tomato sauce and the sour cream. (I usually include any salsa left over on the plate.) Pour over the tortillas. This will look kinda' ick when it comes out of the oven. Don't worry, they taste great. Top with some shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover, bake for 5 more minutes. Enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookmrscoach Franklin County, MO
The Rating2 people
these are just like i make except we like the green enchilada sauce in place of the tomato sauce. i can get by with chicken, but if i want beef,venison or pork i have to make a separate pan of bean and cheese enchiladas for my non meat eating kids.cheryilyn in Salem loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!