Justin Wilsons Boiled CrawfishFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 4 Boxes salt (no size mentioned) shopping list
- 2 whole heads of garlic shopping list
- 6 Pouches crab boil shopping list
- 9 lemons shopping list
- 8 oz cayenne pepper shopping list
- 5 lb Small white onions shopping list
- 24 small red potatoes shopping list
- smoked sausage links shopping list
- fresh corn shopping list
- 50 lb Live crawfish shopping list
How to make it
- Bring seasonings to boil for 10 minutes. (I use my turkey fryer with a basket insert over a propane fire.)
- While the seasonings are boiling, peel the onions and prep the potatoes (scrub), shuck the corn.
- Add potatoes, corn, and smoked sausage. Boil for another 10 minutes. Add crawfish. Bring back to boil.
- Cut fire off immediately. Let soak for 20 to 30 minutes. Drain. Peel and eat.
- Hint: While water is coming to a boil, cull and clean crawfish. Rinse well with garden hose and remove any dead ones.
- Always wear gloves when you fool with crawfish, but remember, they can still pinch you through gloves. Justin Wilson writes, "Not everybody likes the fat, but I do, and I love to dig my finger into the head and scoop it out. During crawfish season, my finger stays yellow from one end to the other." From Justin Wilson's "Outdoor Cooking With Inside Help."
- Serve with cold beer and on some Zydeco music and let the good times roll.