Scallops with Brussels Sprouts and BaconFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 12 Brussels sprouts trimmed and quartered lengthwise shopping list
- 4 strips bacon shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt divided shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper divided shopping list
- 12 sea scallops shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 2 teaspoons butter shopping list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- lemon wedges and extra virgin olive oil for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Cook sprouts in a large saucepan of salted water until barely tender.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking.
- Meanwhile put bacon in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook turning occasionally until crisp then drain on paper towels.
- Pour off all but 2 teaspoons rendered bacon fat.
- Return frying pan to medium high heat.
- Add sprouts and sauté until edges are golden about 5 minutes.
- Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper then remove from heat.
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels.
- Mix cornstarch on a plate with remaining salt and pepper.
- Roll scallops in cornstarch mixture to coat lightly.
- Melt butter with olive oil in a frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add scallops and sear for 3 minutes then turn and sear second side for 1 minute.
- Add lemon juice, wine and 2 tablespoons water then stir to scrape up any browned bits.
- Cover and return heat to low then cook until scallops are just opaque about 3 minutes.
- Divide sprouts among 4 bowls.
- Top each serving with 3 scallops and drizzle with pan juices.
- Crumble bacon and sprinkle over sprouts then drizzle with lemon juice and serve hot.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
The dish turned out perfect, Brussel sprouts matched up with the Scallops for a great flavor.Will make often.pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
Wow Wow Wow This dish sounds amazing. I've never had this combination of flavors but they sound wonderful. Thanks for the great post!!!asheats in BIG BEAR LAKE loved it
My mouth is watering. How can this not be good. I love the flavor of seared brussel sprouts. Paired with the scallops and bacon? hmmmm heaven... Thanks for sharing... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!