Sweet and Sour Pork ChopsFrom miriam 10 years ago
- 6 pork chops shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 3Tbsp vinegar (white or apple cider) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp dark soya sauce shopping list
- 1/2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 cup pineapple and a few Tbsps of the juice shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Sear and brown the chops in a small amount of oil over med-high heat about 3-4 minutes per side (depending on thickness). Arrange in a single layer in baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients except pineapple and pour over chops. (Do add the pineapple juice now). Cover and place in 350 degree oven.
- Bake 30 minutes then remove cover, stir in pineapple and baste chops. Return to oven uncovered, for remaining 15 minutes, to allow sauce to thicken.
- You may cook longer if you want a thicker sauce but you run the risk of drying out the meat.
- Baking time may vary slightly depending on pork chop thickness.
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cookmiriam Winnipeg, CA
The Rating5 people
This was great. Reminds me a little of my "Luscious Loin Chops" recipe in taste. Similar but different. Good all the same.dugger in Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville) loved it
Tryed your recipe, Turned our perfect. Love the flavor of the Sweet and Sour.pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
Ohh! This sounds really good. I'm glad to see a s&s recipe that has everyday pantry items!
--Kn0x--knoxcop in Knoxville loved it