Pan-Seared Pork Chops With Green Apple-Cranberry CompoteFrom maryoftoday 9 years ago
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 4 (6oz) boneless pork chops, about 1 inch thick shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 Tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced shopping list
- 3/4 cup apple cider shopping list
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 Tsp Chopped fresh sage shopping list
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- In an ovenproof saute pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Season both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. Cook chops 1 to 2 mins per side,or until golden. Transfer pan to oven and cook 10 to 13 mins, or until chops are cooked through. Remove pan from oven and set aside for 5 mins before serving.
- Compote: Meanwhile, in a medium saute pa, melt butter over medium heat. Add apples, cider, cranberries, and brown sugar. Cover and cook about 6 mins or until apples are softened.
- uncover pan and add sage and vinegar. Simmer 5 mins until slightly thickened.
- Serve the compote over the chops
- Makes 4 servings
- Each serving 456 cal, 19 g fat, 35 g of protein, 43 g of carbs
- Kids can help too!
- ~Season the chops
- ~peel the apples with a hand peeler
- ~measure the apple cider
- ~measure the cranberries
- ~pull leaves from the sage sprigs
- ~spoon compote over the chops
- This Dish Is really good! My fav
The Cookmaryoftoday Dallas, TX
The Rating4 people
This sounds great, what time's dinner Y'all?
P.S. What can I bring?efitobx in Norfolk loved it
This is a wonderful dish... Just right for this time of year... I love cranberries..
linebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!