Easy Parmesan OrzoFrom mrspotatohead 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 cup orzo shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups water shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 teaspoons pine nuts, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add orzo, and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth and water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer until liquid is absorbed and orzo is done (about 15 minutes).
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle with the pine nuts.
- Serve immediately.
The Cookmrspotatohead Minneapolis, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!