No meat Tex Mex CasseroleFrom putercop 8 years ago
- 1 (10 ounce) package of frozen and thawed chopped spinach shopping list
- 3 medium sliced yellow squash shopping list
- 1 large chopped red bell pepper shopping list
- 2 green chili peppers shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 (15 ounces each) cans of white beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) container reduced-fat sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup of salsa shopping list
- 1 package taco seasoning mix shopping list
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese (4 ounces), divided shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray ; set aside.
- Drain spinach well, squeezing in your fist and then pressing between paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large non-stick pan.
- Cook the squash, pepper, and onion for 6 minutes or until soft.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in spinach, beans, tortillas, soup, sour cream, salsa, green chiles and juice, taco seasoning and 3/4 cup of cheese.
- Spoon into baking dish- if adding meat or soy to this casserole do it here
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese and bake 5 minutes more or until the cheese is melted.