Gingereee Bread Pudding CakeFrom lor 9 years ago
- 2-1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1-1/4 tsp. ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. allspice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg (freshly grated) shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter - LAND O LAKES®, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup molasses shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups hot water shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter - LAND O LAKES®, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt, allspice and nutmeg in medium bowl.
- Set aside.
- Beat 1/2 cup butter and sugar on medium speed in large bowl until creamy.
- Add egg, continue beating until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low.
- Continue beating, alternately adding flour mixture with molasses and 1 cup water, beating after each addition only until blended.
- Pour batter into a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with 3/4 cup brown sugar.
- Combine 1-1/2 cups hot water and 1/3 cup butter in a medium bowl.
- Carefully pour over top of batter.
- Bake for 40 to 55 minutes or until gingerbread is cracked on top and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
- Note: This recipe can be found on the LAND O LAKES® website.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating5 people
Hi! I made this cake for my hubby's birthday last night (New Years Eve) and it was a HUGE hit in our home! He's a molasses fanatic and he said it was the best one yet! Thanks!
Linchiwawamama in Rogersville loved it
Will make this very soon, sounds wonderful!juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
LOVE gingerbread anything so I LOVE this recipe.gullion in Glasgow loved it