Apricot Chicken with Almond RiceFrom sunny 9 years ago
- 4 (6- oz) skinless boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 5/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- long grain white rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Put oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil a 13- by 9-inch flameproof baking dish (not glass).
- Pat chicken dry and sprinkle all over with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper total, then arrange at least 1/4 inch apart in baking dish. Bake 10 minutes.
- While chicken bakes, cook rice accoding to directions for 4 servings. Toast almonds in a small baking pan in oven, stirring twice, until golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook apricot preserves, soy sauce, mustard, butter, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small saucepan over moderate heat, stirring, until preserves are melted. Pour sauce over chicken and continue to bake until chicken is just cooked through, about 10 minutes more.
- Turn on broiler and broil chicken 4 to 5 inches from heat, basting once, until chicken is glazed and browned in spots, about 3 minutes. Fluff rice, stir in toasted almonds and serve with chicken.