Easy Hobo DinnerFrom thepiggs 9 years ago
How to make it
- Cut four large pieces of foil, large enough to wrap and seal each individual dinner.
- Place hamburger patty in center of foil and sprinkle with seasoning salt and pepper.
- Peel potatoes if desired, place one potato, cut into 8 pieces, ¼ of baby carrots, ¼ of onion on top of each patty.
- Spritz with olive oil. Dot veggies with margarine or butter as desired.
- Sprinkle with seasoning salt and pepper to desired taste.
- As each meal is being wrapped, add one Tbsp of water or beef broth. Seal.
- Bake on medium-hot grill or in camp fire for up to 1 hour. (Check after 30 minutes for desired tenderness.)
- Remove from heat and allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Can be eaten right out of the foil.
- NOTE: Can be baked in oven at 375F for 45-60 minutes. (Check for tenderness after 45 minutes.)
- You can add more veggies as desired but cooking time should be lengthened.
- If you add more patties to each packet, allow extra time for cooking, especially if they are still frozen.
People Who Like This Dish 33
The Cookthepiggs MO
The Rating6 people
This brings back the Girl Scout cookout memories. I'll have to try it again this summer. It was always a fun meal and quite tasty as I recall.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!