Crock-pot Pot RoastFrom ambauer 7 years ago
- 1 beef pot roast (2-3lbs) shopping list
- 1 pk carrots (I use baby carrots) shopping list
- 1 - 2 onions, sliced in quarters shopping list
- 4 potatoes, halved if large, use a waxy variety like red, yellow, or white potatoes, not russet shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, whole or crushed shopping list
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup, or one large can (or equal volume stock or wine) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat large skillet over high to medium-high heat. Brown the beef roast on all sides.
- Make a layer of onions on the bottom of the Crock-pot. Sprinkle in some carrots, and a couple cloves of garlic.
- Place the browned roast on vegetables in the Crock-pot.
- Fill Crock-pot with remaining veggies (don't pack too full), starting with onions, then potatoes, and remaining carrots and garlic.
- Pour cream-of mushroom soup (or liquid of your choice) over roast and veggies (don't worry if it doesn't seem like enough liquid, it will melt and the meat and veggies will give up liquid).
- Make sure Crock-pot lid is on tightly, cover and cook for 8-10 hours on low. Meat should be falling apart and veggies cooked through.
People Who Like This Dish 30
The Cookambauer Berkeley, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!