Eggplant Ravioli FillingFrom dond 9 years ago
How to make it
- Peel and slice the eggplant, sprinkle with salt, and place in a colander.
- Leave for 1 hour to draw out the bitter juices. Rinse and dry.
- Finely chop and set aside.
- Heat the butter and oil over medium heat in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Add the garlic and onion and sauté gently for a few minutes. Don't let the garlic burn.
- Blanch the tomatoes in a pot of rapidly boiling water for 20 seconds, then plunge into a pot of cold water to stop the cooking.
- Peel, seed, and chop the tomatoes into a small dice.
- Add diced tomatoes to the garlic and onion along with the basil.
- Cook for about 15 minutes at low-to-medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the eggplant and cook until the mixture reaches the consistency of a thick paste.
- Mix in the goat cheese.
- Let the mixture cool and put a small spoonful onto each square of pasta dough. You can also use a pastry bag, which gives you far more control over the amount of filling you dispense.