Deviled Oysters with Bacon and MushroomsFrom merlin 9 years ago
- 1 qt shucked oysters with liquid. (I like the large Pacific oysters for this dish.) shopping list
- 1 lb. thick sliced bacon shopping list
- ½ stick sweet butter shopping list
- 12 oz mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 2 red onions, chopped shopping list
- ½ bunch parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped shopping list
- 6 eggs, 2 hardboiled & chopped, 4 raw shopping list
- 2 t. hot & sweet mustard shopping list
- ½ cup condensed milk shopping list
- 3 t. louisiana hot sauce shopping list
- 2 T. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 cup Ritz crackers, crushed shopping list
- 1 T. wasabi mayonnaise shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pan, cook bacon to desired crispness. Drain and chop. Pour off most of the bacon fat, add butter, and melt. Saute onions until almost soft. Add mushrooms sauté 2 minutes additional.
- Beat the raw eggs in a small bowl. Combine all the other ingredients in a large casserole or baking pan including half the Wasabi mayo. Mix. Add the butter, onion and mushroom mixture and bacon. Mix thoroughly. Test the mixture for spiciness. Add the remaining mayo if the mixture is not overpowering. The mixture may also need more Worcestershire or hot sauce. Add the beaten eggs and mix thoroughly. Bake in oven until mixture is set and the top is browned, about 30 minutes.
The Cookmerlin San Francisco, CA
The Rating3 people
This sounds very goodcheryilyn in Salem loved it
or some good Stump sound... salty oysters... yessir... i am feeling this... great post...davewolfpackjack in Raleigh loved it
I like your twist. The wasabi mayo and hot and sweet
mustard are flavors I like. We do a lot of deviled
oysters in the south. ^5
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!