Luscious Four-Layer Pumpkin CakeFrom henrie 6 years ago
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix shopping list
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, divided shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed shopping list
- 1/4 cup caramel topping shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped PLANTERS pecans shopping list
How to make it
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round cake pans.
- Beat cake mix, 1 cup of the pumpkin, the milk, oil, eggs and 1 tsp. of the pumpkin pie spice in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- BAKE 20 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add powdered sugar, remaining pumpkin and remaining 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice; mix well. Stir in whipped topping.
- REMOVE cake layers from pans; cut each layer horizontally in half with a serrated knife. Stack the layers on a serving plate, spreading the cream cheese mixture between the layers. Do not frost the top layer. Drizzle with caramel sauce and pecans. Store in refrigerator.