Corn Custard SouffleFrom recipediva 9 years ago
- 1 cup canned or fresh corn (chopped slightly) shopping list
- 2 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1/2 cup sweet butter cut into 1" pieces shopping list
- 3 eggs, room temp, separated shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sugar or to taste shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg. shopping list
How to make it
- In medium saucepan boil corn in 2 cups of milk, salt.
- Slowly add cornmeal.
- Stir until very thick, remove from heat and stir in the butter.
- Add rest of the 3/4 milk.
- Blend in yolks, one at a time.
- Add sugar.
- This part can be made up to 6 hours ahead of time.
- Then before baking, beat whites, stiff not dry.
- Fold in 1/4 of whites then fold in the rest.
- Pour into 2 quart souffle dish.
- Bake 10 minutes at 400
- turn down to 375 for 50-55 minutes.
The Cookrecipediva Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!