New England Clam ChowderFrom pamela 10 years ago
- 2 (6 oz) cans minced clams shopping list
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes shopping list
- 4 slices bacon shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup bottled clam juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (this is optional) shopping list
- 1 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Fry the bacon in a large saucepan over medium high heat until crisp, around 10 minutes. Drain, saving the bacon fat in the pan, crumble the bacon and place aside.
- In the same pan with the fat, saute the potatoes and onion for 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle with flour and stir to coat thoroughly.
- Add in the clam juice, and bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for around 15 minutes, or until potatoes become tender.
- Mix in the half-and-half and minced clams, then season with salt and pepper, to taste. Now, stir in the heavy cream, (if preferred) and allow to heat completely, about 5 minutes. Garnish soup with the crumbled bacon and parsley.
- (Note: If adding cream, do not boil.)
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookpamela San Diego, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!