Green Chili Enchilada SauceFrom deedeec 7 years ago
- 1/4 lb green chilis, roasted, seeded, peeled shopping list
- 13 oz tomatillos, canned, drained, rinsed shopping list
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 sprigs cilantro, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock shopping list
- sugar to taste shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend or process til smooth.
- Pour into a non-reactive saucepan and add stock, sugar and pepper to taste.
- The heat in this recipe all depends on how strong or mild your chili peppers are. If they are too hot add a bit of sugar. If they aren't hot enough add a jalepeno pepper or habenero pepper.
- Bring to boil over high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Poor over enchiladas. You can make this ahead and cool and refrigerate or freeze for later use.
The Cookdeedeec Seattle, WA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!