Grilled Leg of Lamb ZorbaFrom merlin 9 years ago
- 1 whole leg of lamb about 9 lbs. or 2 boneless legs of lamb, 4-5 lbs each shopping list
- Marinade; shopping list
- 1 c. dry white wine shopping list
- 1 c. extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 T. crushed garlic shopping list
- 4 T. fresh rosemary shopping list
- 4 T. fresh mint shopping list
- 1 lemon, quartered shopping list
- 1 T. dried oregano shopping list
- 1 t. sea salt shopping list
- 1 t. ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 T. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1-2 T. balsamic vinegar (optional) shopping list
- Aromatic Wood Chunks shopping list
How to make it
- You can use a whole leg of lamb or boneless legs which are usually tied. If using a whole leg, cut slashes in the meat and marinate 30 hours. Also the roasting time will be considerably longer. This preparation is for the boneless legs.
- Rinse meat in water and pat dry.
- Combine the marinade ingredients, squeezing the lemon juice into the mixture. Test for saltiness, and tartness. If the mixture is too “flat” you can add more lemon, more wine, or better yet, some balsamic vinegar. The mixture should be a bit salty. If not, add a little more salt or Worcestershire sauce. Put in sealable plastic bags in the refrigerator and marinate for 24 hours turning occasionally.
- Two hours before cooking, soak 8 chunks of aromatic wood like mesquite or cherry. One hour before cooking bring meat out of refrigerator and bring to room temperature. Prepare a hot charcoal fire for indirect cooking. Take meat out of bags, reserve marinade and boil for a minute in a saucepan or microwave. When fire is ready, place meat on well oiled grill. Cook about 30 minutes, turning often and basting with marinade.
The Cookmerlin San Francisco, CA
The Rating6 people
This looks so good.love lamb. TYcherihannah in Shickshinny loved it
Great post, masterful Merlin. I love roast lamb. Rolled and boneless, stuffed, you name it, I like it. Nice combination of flavors you have going there, sir.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Oh yeah babe as Emeril would say! Wonderful!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!