BROWN SUGAR APPLE PIEFrom linebb956 7 years ago
- 1 package prepared pie crusts.. or your own.. I make mine using the Crisco recipe on the can shopping list
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 6 cups thinly sliced, pared tart apples (about 2 pounds) shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel shopping list
- 2 tablespoons real butter.. I add a little extra shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
How to make it
- Make crust... or let the prepackaged come to room temp
- Preheat oven to 425f
- In a large bowl, mix sugars, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add apple, toss lightly to combine
- turn apple mixture into pastry lined pie plate
- Mounding up in center to support top pie crust...
- Spuinkle with lemon peel
- Dot apples with butter in small pieces
- Roll out top pastry intp a 12 inch circle.. fold in quarters and make vents for steam
- Let sit for a minute while you ..
- with sissors trim overhanging pastry of bottom crust to measure 1/2 inch from rim of plate
- Place top and cut so it is hanging 1 inch over pie plate..
- Poisten edge of BOTTOM crust with water
- Fold top over bottom
- with fingers press to seal edges.
- press upright to form a rim
- Crimp all the way around with a decorative pinch...
- Mix yolk with 1 tablespoon water
- Brush on crust
- bake for 45=50 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden.
- If it starts to brown to fast... Put a strip of foil all the way around the edges only... I do this at the start... and take if off about 3/4 way through the cooking time.... If you put it on loose... You can leave it on and it still browns nicly..
- I hope you try this pie... and enjoy it!
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
The Rating4 people
I love apple pie! This looks absolutly wonderful!morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it
Another great one! Keep 'em comming!juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
Delicious!!!!zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!