BROWN SUGAR APPLE PIEFrom linebb956 8 years ago
- 1 package prepared pie crusts.. or your own.. I make mine using the Crisco recipe on the can shopping list
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 6 cups thinly sliced, pared tart apples (about 2 pounds) shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel shopping list
- 2 tablespoons real butter.. I add a little extra shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
How to make it
- Make crust... or let the prepackaged come to room temp
- Preheat oven to 425f
- In a large bowl, mix sugars, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add apple, toss lightly to combine
- turn apple mixture into pastry lined pie plate
- Mounding up in center to support top pie crust...
- Spuinkle with lemon peel
- Dot apples with butter in small pieces
- Roll out top pastry intp a 12 inch circle.. fold in quarters and make vents for steam
- Let sit for a minute while you ..
- with sissors trim overhanging pastry of bottom crust to measure 1/2 inch from rim of plate
- Place top and cut so it is hanging 1 inch over pie plate..
- Poisten edge of BOTTOM crust with water
- Fold top over bottom
- with fingers press to seal edges.
- press upright to form a rim
- Crimp all the way around with a decorative pinch...
- Mix yolk with 1 tablespoon water
- Brush on crust
- bake for 45=50 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden.
- If it starts to brown to fast... Put a strip of foil all the way around the edges only... I do this at the start... and take if off about 3/4 way through the cooking time.... If you put it on loose... You can leave it on and it still browns nicly..
- I hope you try this pie... and enjoy it!
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
The Rating4 people
Delicious!!!!zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Another great one! Keep 'em comming!juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
I love apple pie! This looks absolutly wonderful!morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!