Thai Beef PanangFrom genemichael 6 years ago
- 1/2 pound beef, sliced thin, bite sized shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons panang curry paste (start with less if you aren't used to hot spices) shopping list
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (Don't use "lite" coconut milk.) shopping list
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fish sauce (to taste) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or other sweetener. palm sugar is authentic; brown sugar is just fine. shopping list
- 1 cup frozen green peas shopping list
How to make it
- Start the rice to accompany.
- Scoop top cream from the coconut milk and melt in hot wok or fry pan. (Or just use some oil.)
- Add the panang curry paste, fry a few seconds until it becomes fragrant. (Panang curry paste is sold in small 4 oz. cans in Asian grocers. Freeze what you don't use for another time.)
- Add the beef and fry for perhaps 30 seconds.
- Dump in the frozen green peas and the remaining coconut milk and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add fish sauce to taste for saltiness. (My wife doesn't like the smell of the fish sauce in the house, so I add it after the cooking is done.)
- That's it! You can substitute chicken or shrimp if desired. Or another vegetable - you can hardly go wrong. Note that the panang curry paste is very aromatic; it will fill the house with its aroma unless you use a hood.
The Cookgenemichael Columbus, IN
- Not added to any groups yet!