Fresh Peach SalsaFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 3 cup ripe peaches shopping list
- 1 cup yellow pepper shopping list
- 1 cup red pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup tomatillos shopping list
- 1/3 cup green onion stalks shopping list
- 1 teaspoon jalapeño finely chopped shopping list
- 4 ounce can diced mild green chilies shopping list
- 2 fresh limes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lucas acidito* shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
How to make it
- *Lucas Acidito is a Mexican spice that can be found in the Mexican food aisle of your grocery store.
- If unavailable, use a mixture of salt, chili powder, and a bit of sugar.
- Remove seeds from peppers.
- Dice red and yellow peppers, tomatillos, green onions and jalepeño into small bits and combine in large mixing bowl.
- Add can of green chiles.
- Squeeze juice from limes over mixture then stir well to coat with juice.
- Peel and slice peaches into chunks and add to mixture.
- Stir well.
- Season with Acidito, cayenne pepper and sugar.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips or use as a topping for grilled fish or pork or for fish tacos.
- Keeps in tightly covered container in refrigerator for up to two days.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
We made this today and it was *great*! We ended up with a not quite ripe tomatillo, though, so that threw the taste a tiny bit if you got a chunk of that, however, even so, it was fantastic. We, too, could not find the Acidito, so used the chili pepp...morepateryalsa in Madison loved it
I tried this recipe this past weekend and it was a hit -very refreshing. The only problem I had was locating the Lucas Acidito. I didn't realize the Lucas part was only the brand name and it appears this brand has been discontinued in my area. I e...more99bordeaux in Richmond loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!