Krupnik Polish Honey VodkaFrom putercop 6 years ago
- 1 cup of honey (here I use raw honey rather than the cooked kind you usually find in the stores) shopping list
- 1 cup of dechlorinated water (to dechlorinate city water let stand in a container for 24 hours on the counter overnight) shopping list
- 4 cinnamon sticks shopping list
- 6 cloves shopping list
- 2 split vanilla beans shopping list
- peel of 1/2 an orange shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups pure polish vodka shopping list
- small piece of nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Bring the water and honey to a boil and carefully remove the foam.
- add the cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla stick and orange peel.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes
- remove from the heat and set aside for 30 minutes
- bring back to a boil and slowly add the vodka
- remove and strain through a fine muslin or paper filter and bottle. (this is a great time to find that old broken coffee maker and take out the basket and line with a paper filter hint hint. OK so I am a packrat!
- leave the bottle for a week in a cool, dark place for the sediment to settle. Siphon off the clear liquid, heat and serve. Be careful over an open flame!!!
- Na zdrowie!