Beans in Sauce -SousboontjiesFrom capedread 7 years ago
How to make it
- 1. Soak the beans overnight, wash them then boil in fresh water with the bacon rashers for about 2 hours
- 2. Combine the other ingredients and add them to the beans, cooking for a further 10 - 15 minutes stirring frequently
- 3. If the sauce is thin, it may be thickened with a little cornflour dissolved in water
- 4. Remove the bacon before serving
- 5. May be served hot or cold, and can be bottled in sterilized jars
The Cookcapedread Peterborough. Cambridgeshire, GB
The Rating2 people
Very nice beans. I was worried about all that sugar but it was for naught. Used enough water to cover and one small can of paste.
Made a pic.