Latin Baked Macaroni and CheeseFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 1 pound dried penne pasta shopping list
- 28 ounce can peeled diced tomatoes shopping list
- 3-3/4 cups cold milk shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 teaspoons chili powder shopping list
- 4 ounce can diced mild green chilies shopping list
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese shopping list
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Coat large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Boil pasta in salted water until tender then drain in a colander and rinse with cold water.
- Drain again and set aside then drain canned tomatoes and set aside.
- In small bowl combine milk and cornstarch then whisk until smooth and set aside.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over moderate heat.
- Add flour and whisk constantly for 1 minute.
- Whisk again then pour into saucepan and whisk vigorously until smooth and blended.
- Add salt and pepper then bring to a boil over medium heat stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low then add chili powder and mild green chilies.
- Add 3 cups of cheese and stir 30 seconds or just until cheese melts and sauce is smooth.
- Remove from heat then spread half of the pasta in baking dish then half the cheese sauce.
- Mix gently to coat pasta evenly then spoon tomatoes on top.
- Spread remaining pasta over the tomatoes then spoon remaining sauce evenly over pasta.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and then with breadcrumbs and bake for 35 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!