Cream of Roasted Vegetable SoupFrom flavorsofitaly 8 years ago
- 3 Tbl extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 large garlic gloves, peeled and sliced thick shopping list
- 1 lb eggplant, sliced 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/2 inch slices shopping list
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded, cut into eighths shopping list
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into fourths shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 Tbl butter shopping list
- 2-1/2 Tbl all-purpose flour shopping list
- 5 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425F. Heat 2 Tbl olive oil in baking dish over low heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add veggies, season with salt and pepper to taste, and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until veggies are tender and browned - turn them occasionally while roasting. Melt butter in 4 quart casserole over low heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in chicken stock, season with salt and pepper if desired, and simmer for 15 minutes. When veggies are done, puree in blender until smooth. Whisk puree into the stock, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the heavy cream, and heat just until hot - do not allow to boil. Serve immediately.
- **Optional - Provide a bowl of freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese at the table for topping.