Lamb Burger with Cumin YogurtFrom pamela 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb shopping list
- 3/4 tsp Mediterranean oregano leaves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp thyme leaves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp Ground cayenne red pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp fennel seed shopping list
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes shopping list
- 3/4 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1/4 tsp Coarse Grind black pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp coriander Seed shopping list
- 4 shallots, finely diced shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- cumin Yogurt: shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cumin seed shopping list
- 1/2 cup yogurt, plain shopping list
- 1 pinch Coarse Grind black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a preheated, dry skillet, toast the fennel and coriander seeds over a medium heat for around 30 seconds, or until the seeds disperse an aroma. Remove from skillet then crush the seeds in small bowl, or with a mortar and pestle. In the same skillet, saute the shallots in olive oil until they become translucent and just starting to release an aroma. Add in the oregano and thyme, then remove immediately from the heat and place aside.
- Mix together the lamb, remaining spices, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Combine gently, then create 6 patties.
- In a preheated, dry skillet, toast the cumin seeds, over medium heat, for about 30 seconds (or until aromatic.) Remove them from the skillet, anc crush as you did with the fennel and coriander seeds. Combine the yogurt with the toasted cumin, salt and pepper then place aside.
- Over a medium heat, grill the burgers to your desired doneness. Then, serve with grilled sourdough bread or hamburger buns and top with cumin yogurt.
People Who Like This Dish 27
The Cookpamela San Diego, CA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!