Meister House Grits CasseroleFrom lindabuhl 10 years ago
- 1 cup quick coooking grits shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 pound breakfast sausage - cooked and fat drained off shopping list
- 2 teaspoons season salt shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 3 beaten eggs shopping list
- OPTIONAL: 4 ounce can chopped green chili shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease or spray with cooking spray - 13 x 9 inch baking dish
- In medium sized saucepan, bring milk, broth and salt to boil and stir in grits. Cook grits over lowered heat, stirring occasionally ntil grits are thickened but not stiff.
- Turn off heat, and whisk in cheese, butter, cooked sausage, then add beaten eggs. OPTIONAL - add green chili at this point.
- Bake in prepared baking dish for 45 minutes or until slightly puffed and browned on top.
- NOTE: use quick cooking grits not instant and no matter what cooking directions are given on the box - use half broth and half milk.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cooklindabuhl Weatherford, TX
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!