Mikes Chicken KormaFrom julesong 7 years ago
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cubed shopping list
- 1 lb extra firm tofu, drained in colander then cubed shopping list
- 1 small onion shopping list
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (Julie prefers crimini) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 4 tablespoons smooth cashew butter shopping list
- 1 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon african bird pepper (you can substitute other pepper, to taste - African bird pepper is VERY hot) or other favorite hot chile powder to taste shopping list
- 3 teaspoons turmeric shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (Ceylon preferred) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 3 teaspoons ground cardamom shopping list
How to make it
- Chop the onion, sauté in butter and olive oil until they're opaque.
- Throw in the sliced mushrooms, cubed firm tofu, cubed chicken breast meat, and sauté some more.
- Add the spices, sauté until chicken is cooked and onions are browned.
- Warm the cashew butter in the microwave for about 45 seconds, to soften it.
- Then add the half and half and cashew butter to the chicken mixture and stir.
- The sauce will pretty much thicken by itself.
- Eat and enjoy! :)
- Mike eats his over fragrant jasmine rice. I eat mine over collard greens (it's lowcarb that way) and lots of mushrooms.
The Cookjulesong Seattle, WA
The Rating2 people
Chicken Love! Yummy! Thank you so much.tazoncaffeine in Manchester loved it